The Aphelion™ Imaging Software Suite proposes a broad range of software interfaces for popular image acquisition systems. These interfaces enable users to capture live images when using any of the hardware devices listed below, controlling that process with the Aphelion software environment. These software interfaces are divided in two categories: Standard Interfaces and Proprietary Interfaces.
Aphelion toolbar to run the live image, capture images, set the flat field image and correct the image rendering when used with microscope
Aphelion panel to set the camera parameters
The following drivers are available to interface image acquisition devices compliant to standard protocole, such as USB and FireWire camera, to the Aphelion system.
- DirectShow interface (1)
- IEEE1394 (FireWire®) Interface (2)
The DirectShow interface is included in the Aphelion Dev, Lab, and SDK software products.
(1) Compliant with the Microsoft DirectShow interface. Most of the manufacturers of industrial cameras provide the DirectShow-compliant driver in addition to their own drivers, e.g. Allied Vision Technologies, Basler, IDS, PixelLink, Sony, and Teledyne Dalsa.
(2) Compliant with the IIDC 1394 Digital Camera Specification version 1.31 as published by the 1394 Trace Association.
Proprietary System Interfaces
Some cameras available on the market are delivered with proprietary drivers to fully control camera parameters (image resolution, exposure time, light integrating mode, etc.). The cameras currently supported by the Aphelion Imaging Software Suite are:
Analog video cameras can also be interfaced to Aphelion using a frame grabber board. The frame grabber boards currently supported are:
Aphelion Image Acquisition Device Interface benefits
- Support a broad range of cameras (b/w, color, hi-resolution, low-sensitivity, infrared)
- Provide user control of camera parameters for capturing live images from within the Aphelion graphical user interface
- Enable easy integration into a stand-alone application written in Visual C#® or Visual Basic®