The Aphelion™ Imaging Software Suite proposes a broad range of software interfaces for popular image acquisition systems. The camera settings and the image capture are controlled through a single interface for all the cameras supported by Aphelion. No need to develop a specific interface for every camera brands, enabling users and developers to save time.
The Aphelion DirectShow interface is available by default in the Aphelion Dev, Aphelion Lab, and Aphelion SDK software products. This interface enables to set the camera parameters and control the image acquisition from the Aphelion environment from all the acquisition devices compliant to Microsoft DirectShow interface.
Most USB cameras are compliant to DirectShow, such as webcams. Most brands of industrial camera manufacturers provide the DirectShow interface in addition to their own interface, such as Allied Vision Technologies, Basler, IDS, PixelLink, Sony, and Teledyne Dalsa. While the parameters available from this interface are limited, it enables to meet the need for most applications.
Proprietary System Interfaces
Some cameras available on the market are delivered with proprietary drivers to fully control their parameters (image resolution, exposure time, light integrating mode, etc.). The cameras currently supported by the Aphelion Imaging Software Suite are:
- Allied Vision gigabit ethernet cameras (Guppy, Mako, Manta, Marlin, Stingray) and Allied Vision USB cameras (Alvium series) NEW
- IDS uEye cameras
- IDS GV and U3 cameras NEW
- Teledyne-Dalsa Genie Nano 1Gige camera series
- Teledyne-Dalsa Genie Nano 5Gige camera series
- Teledyne-Flir BlackFly S USB 3.0 and BlackFly S Gige cameras NEW
- Teledyne-Lumenera LT USB3 camera series
- Lumenera Infinity cameras
Analog video cameras can also be interfaced to Aphelion using a frame grabber board. The frame grabber boards currently supported are:
Aphelion toolbar to run the live image, capture images, set the flat field image and correct the image rendering when used with microscope
Aphelion panel to set the camera parameters
Aphelion Image Acquisition Device Interface benefits
- Support a broad range of cameras (b/w, color, hi-resolution, low-sensitivity, infrared)
- Provide user control of camera parameters for capturing live images from within the Aphelion graphical user interface
- Enable easy integration into a stand-alone application written in Visual C#® or Visual Basic®
The image acquisition interfaces listed below are no longer maintained nor distributed in the Aphelion package due to either the interface is not updated by the manufacturer to be compliant to the latest operating systems.
- IEEE1394 (FireWire®) Interface (1)
- Spot Imaging cameras
These interfaces can however be delivered as it, on demand. Contact us to learn more about the terms of supply and the technical support services that can be proposed.
(1) Compliant with the IIDC 1394 Digital Camera Specification version 1.31 as published by the 1394 Trace Association.