ADCIS Involvement in the Field of Ophthalmology
Since year 2000, ADCIS has been deeply involved in research and industrial projects in the field of ophthalmology. For example, ADCIS is one of the key contributor of the Messidor database, and the developer of a family of innovative software products to design scleral contact lenses. ADCIS also used its expertise in Deep Learning participating on the development of the most robust and efficient software product to assess the grade of Diabetic Retinopathy. Indeed OphtAI is an ophthalmic pathology detection solution based on the latest Artificial Intelligence technologies, certified as a class IIa CE medical device, it detects in a few seconds the early signs of diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma and AMD on colour photos of the retina. OphtAI is now used by hundreds of ophthalmologists and optometrists around the world.
- Software applications to detect vessel network, macula, optic nerve, micro-aneurisms, as well as other lesions in the fields of diabetic retinopathy, and aged-related macula degeneration;
- Software applications on secure network for telediagnosis;
- Software products to automatically register retinal images captured in different modalities by different acquisition systems or HRA systems;
- Software applications to allow expert users annotate retinal images including lesions, share expertise with software developers, and display pathologies;
- Software to quantify Angio OCT images including 3D reconstruction and analysis
- Software applications to analyze confocal images of the cornea and to evaluate the lid wiper epitheliopathy of the palpebral conjunctiva.
Partnerships in the Field of Ophthalmology
ADCIS is continuously developing innovative software applications for retinal analysis in partnership with prestigious research laboratories including the Center of Mathematical Morphology of Mines ParisTech, Lariboisière Hospital in Paris, the Ophthalmology Department of Creteil Hospital, University of Iowa, LaTIM (Telecom Bretagne/Brest University Hospital Center/UBO). ADCIS is also developing applications in close relationship with pharmaceutical companies including Alcon Laboratories, Allergan, Novartis, and Pfizer. For most of the projects with large pharmaceutical companies, ADCIS jointly worked with investigation sites and CROs.