Image Processing now available on a Portable Device
Working on an app that involves imaging techniques implemented on an Android phone or iPhone?
Just contact ADCIS to benefit from a recognized expertise in the field of mobility and smartphone devices.
ADCIS has worked on a handful of projects that have been first developed on a regular PC, and then implemented on smartphones and tablets. Among these projects, there is an app in the field of product identification, and one on the recognition of logos in images. For both projects, images were captured with a smartphone.
Using the Xamarin environment, a subset of Aphelion functions has been implemented in both the Android and the iOS environments. Camera control coupled with image processing allows to provide a full autonomous app on a smartphone.
For one specific mobile app, ADCIS has developed an interface between a smartphone app and a remote secured server, using Microsoft Azure and similar environments.
ADCIS Expertise in the Field of Mobility
The ADCIS engineering team has the following expertise in the field of mobility:
- Full camera control and its associated parameters
- Bluetooth control to communicate with other hardware components
- Acquisition of still image or video
- Image processing to enhance captured images
- Advanced Image Processing functions for object recognition
- Interface with a distant server
- Results display available on PC screen
Supported Operating Systems and Programming Environments
- Android for smartphones and tablets
- iOS for iPhone and iPad
- Xamarin Form to develop Mobile Apps