Download the flyer
Color Extension: Powerful Tools for Color Segmentation
The Aphelion™ Color Extension lets the user manage color images from the Aphelion Dev environment
by providing advanced tools to segment images and extract objects of interest based on their color intensity. It includes four
semi-automatic segmentation techniques: Interval, Distance, Region Growing, and Morphological Partition.
The user first identifies some points or regions of interest in an image, and then the selected algorithm automatically extracts
the regions based on the defined color. Fine-tuning tools are available to increase the regions of interest to provide
an optimal match of the objects to be detected.
Color tools included:
- Color Conversion - Support for RGB, HSI, YIQ, YUV, XYZ, Lab, and LCH color spaces.
- Interval - This method is based on the processing of the three color bands independently.
The color value is defined by clicking on a reference point inside an object to be detected. A threshold is then performed using
the color band values of the reference point, plus and minus the respective band tolerance values that are user defined.
- Distance - This method defines an object as being a set of pixels such that the distance of
the pixel color value and the color reference is less or equal to a specified distance. The user specifies the distance value
by adjusting a slider and the color reference by clicking points in the image.
- Region Growing - This method of segmentation is based on manually specifying initial object seeds
inside objects of interest. Such seeded or initial regions are grown larger through the user's changing the color Distance parameter or
placing additional object and non-object seeds on the image.
- Morphological Partition - This segmentation method is based on a morphological watershed operation
that partitions an image into N regions such that each regional boundary line corresponds to an image edge (i.e., a gradient sign change
in a three by three neighborhood).
Main Benefits of the Aphelion Color Extension:
- Fully integrated in the Aphelion Dev Object Extraction Task
- Detect color objects by just clicking on a few pixels inside the objects of interest
- Segment results more accurately by fine-tuning operator parameters
- Integrate Aphelion color operators into your stand-alone application