Build Imaging Solutions with Aphelion SDK
Aphelion Imaging Software Suite includes three base products: Aphelion Lab for non-experts in the field of image processing and analysis, Aphelion Dev for researchers and developers of applications with image analysis content, and Aphelion SDK for programmers who wish to quickly develop and deploy imaging applications using Visual C++, Visual Basic or C# in the Visual Studio environment.
Aphelion SDK includes native libraries (DLLs) and .NET components fully compatible with Windows® environments built on the Microsoft® .NET Framework.
Example of C# code based on the Aphelion SDK to load, display, and segment an image
The .NET components are organized as five major component sets, as follows:
- Acquisition: To capture images from a camera (DirectShow driver)
- Visualization: To display both still and live images, and Aphelion ObjectSets, and to annotate images and graphics
- Processing: To process 2D and 3D images, and Aphelion ObjectSets
- Analysis: To compute measurements (fully calibrated)
- Management: To manage images and Aphelion ObjectSets
The Aphelion .NET components provide important, new capabilities, such as:
- Larger Images – Support for 64-bit environments enables processing images too large for 32-bit memory addressing
- Faster Performance – Optimized data addressing improves processing speed
- Higher Productivity – Improved design of classes is easier to use (than ActiveX components) in advanced programming environments such as Visual C++ or C#
Main Benefits of Aphelion SDK
- Full compatibility with third party Microsoft® .NET components enables development of powerful applications that require more than image processing functionality
- High quality design, with examples and comprehensive documentation, enables shorter learning curves and faster product deployment
- Capability to process very large 2D and 3D images enables practical solutions for more image domains
- High performance imaging libraries enables higher productivity applications
- Ability to address applications such as high-throughput microscopy and 3D tomography applications
Aphelion™ SDK and Python
Combine the Versatility of Python with the Power of Aphelion SDK
.Net® Aphelion libraries can now be called from the Python environment. All Image Processing and Analysis function of the Aphelion SDK product, available as .Net® components, can be included in a Python application. In addition, Aphelion visual components such as ImageDisplay to display images and ObjectSets, DrawingTool to let users edit graphic objects and images, or Acquisition to control a camera connected to the computer can be added to the application to help developing a turn-key application.
Example of Python code using Aphelion components
Download the example below to see how to increase the power of the Python environment by adding Aphelion components:
- Acquisition using a camera compliant with DirectShow interface
- Image and ObjectSet display
- 2D and 3D Image Processing Extension
- Image Analysis
To benefit of the power of Aphelion in the Python environment, just install the latest version of Aphelion SDK 4.x for 64 bit environments (See the Download section of this page).